Sunday, May 11, 2008

Lewis and Diana News





Dear Family and Friends,
Adelaide Emily is here and we are glad. The doctors said she was probably earlier than 38 weeks. The nurse who took Adelaide’s vitals said that she thought the baby was no older than 37. Anyway, she sleeps all the time. Right now she wakes up at 1 or 2 in the morning much to Diana’s joy.
Mahrin is wearing one of my BYU football shirts as a nightgown. I asked her if she liked it. She said, “Yes. When I grow up, I am going to be a BYU football player!” I am as excited for the free tickets to the games as the next dad I guess. I wonder if it would be a penalty to poke the opponent in the nose through his facemask with your crutch?
Lara is quite the little mommy for the new baby. She held her for a good 45 minutes straight. Pretty impressive for a four year old. I asked her if she thought Adelaide’s hair would go from being dark to blond. She said, in a very matter of fact way, “Well, when babies have dark hair, and then they grow up, then they still have dark hair. That’s how it works.” She mentioned today that the tee-shirt I am wearing was the same one I wore to McDonald’s last time. That was like three months ago. I don’t remember whether she is wrong or right, but who am I to question one with such a memory for clothing?
Sadie is totally reverting to her babyhood. She is feeling displaced as the youngest in the family. She drank all the formula in Adelaide’s bottle. Yesterday, we couldn’t find her for a minute. We discovered her in the baby’s bed, covered up to the chin with her baby blanket. I’m going to try to send some extra attention her way and see if that eases her mind.
Diana is feeling better every day. We are both glad the baby is here and safe. At the baby’s 2-day check-up, everything was good. Diana looks forward to Pam coming down and helping out. When Pam has done that in the past, I have bought Papa Murphy’s pizza for the occasion, but the nearest one might not be in this time zone.
I started my next series of classes that I am taking after a week break. For the next month and a half, I have classes from 4:30-7pm Monday through Thursday, plus an online class, all toward a master’s. It is a little crazy right now, to say the least, but this way I can get all the summer classes I wanted complete before July, and take a month off before school starts again. I am really enjoying teaching.
Well,
We love you guys,
Lewis and Diana and girls

2 comments:

RhubarbLady said...

Cousin Trisha here: How wonderful! Congratulations! We're so happy for you-and I love having new additions to add to our list of family. We're going to miss seeing Pam and Ed on our summer trip this year.

Melanni said...

YOU HAVE SUCH BEAUTIFUL GIRLS! I WISH DIANA A SPEEDY RECOVERY AND AS MUCH SLEEP AS A MOTHER OF 4 CAN POSSIBLY GET(0: CONGRATULATIONS, YOU GUYS!